Staff Training ONLY
Class is located in Bismarck, ND
All classes will be held in the Telemedicine Conference Room in the basement of the Center of Excellence building, except for May 7th at 5pm - that one class only will be in Meeting Rooms 1 and 2 behind the cafeteria.
SafetyFirst is a CHI national program based on high-reliability science designed to always put the safety of our patients, associates, and medical providers first. We are excited to train all staff and providers on the SafetyFirst error prevention expectations and techniques. Safety is everyone’s responsibility, and we all have a role to play.
This in-person program training will last approximately 2 hours and is mandatory for all staff employed as of Dec. 31st, 2018, who have previously completed New Associate Orientation (NAO). Please use the “Education” pay code in API for this class. All staff completing NAO after January 1, 2019, will complete SafetyFirst training during orientation and do not have to register for this class. All CHI national associates, plus partners such as Confier and G4S, etc., are also mandated to take this class, along with international nurses and travelers here on assignment for greater than 90 days.
Each department is assigned a specific month to complete this training; you must register for a class in the month your department is assigned.
- If unsure what month has been assigned to your department, please contact your supervisor.
- To find your department number, ask your supervisor or log into API and click on Dept. under Quick Badge.
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 30.
- If a class is noted as full, you must select a different date and time.
- If you cannot complete the training within your department’s assigned month, your supervisor must contact Diane Lawlor at ext. 8614, or Nicolette Johnson at ext. 7692, to request a different month to be assigned.