Featuring Mayo Clinic’s Therese Shumaker, MA, RDN, CTTS, NBC-HWC
Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center
Conference providing health care professionals with the tools needed to incorporate nicotine dependence treatment into their practices.
- DATE: January 27-28, 2020
- WHERE: CHI St. Alexius Health’s Boniface Auditorium
- COST: One Day - $25 or Two Days - $40 (Materials, lunch and refreshments included)
Topics covered include:
- Pharmacotherapy for Treating Tobacco Dependence
- The vaping epidemic
- ND statistics
- Dept. of Health perspective
- Youth perspective
- Pulmonology perspective (vaping induced acute lung injury)
- School update
- Mental health and tobacco use prevalence
- Health Insurance expenses related to tobacco use
- Tobacco alternatives – Non FDA approved methods of cessation
To register, please fill out the form below (one form per registrant). Registration deadline is Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Radisson Hotel in Bismarck. Call 701.255.6000 or go to Radisson to make your reservation and include booking link: NDC20. For more information on Continuing Education Credits and conference details, please call Rajean at 701.530.8538.
Mayo Clinic Keynote Speaker
Therese Shumaker, MA, RDN, CTTS, NBC-HWC
Therese has worked in the field of Nutrition and Wellness for over 25 years. She is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian, having received academic appointment from the Mayo Clinic as Instructor in Nutrition in 2014. She has Master’s degrees in both exercise science and counseling. She currently works in the Nicotine Dependence Center as the lead counselor and Program Director for Mayo Clinic’s Tobacco Treatment Specialist training program. She is a nationally board certified health and wellness coach and she serves as faculty in the Mayo Clinic Wellness Coaching Training Program. She is an adjunct faculty member at Saint Mary’s University in Minnesota, where she teaches courses on motivational interviewing and counseling skills.