A hands-on, 8-hour simulation-based provider course on the management of the acute stroke patient that includes instruction on completing the MEND exam, an easy-to-learn and easy-to- use tool that enhances communication among EMS personnel, nurses, and physicians The ASLS curriculum is utilized by EMS agencies and hospitals across the United States. 8 continuing education hours will be provided upon completion of course.
Get the Manual
ASLS Manuals for employees are available for $35 each at the Education Center (1310 E Main Ave, 3rd Floor). For non-employees, manuals are included in the cost of the course.
Course fee for general attendees is $125 (Manual Included), and free to CHI St Alexius Employees.
Questions and Registration:
To reserve your spot, click the SignUp button below
To contact the Education Center, eMail the coordinator at [email protected] (preferred) or call 701.530.7709
Payment must accompany all registrations. If registering online a credit card number is required. Please note that this site is secured and your card number is safe. If using this form as a mail in registration a check must be attached. Without payment, you will not be considered registered. Please notify us if you will NOT be attending the class you registered for. We require that you give at least one week's notice before the class date in order to receive a refund. This course is free for CHI St Alexius Providers.
Due to the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19, additional steps must be taken to help protect instructors and students. Please read the following list carefully since some items may require action on the part of students.
- Courses have limited participants.
- All participants will be screened for fever and cough prior to entering class.
- All participants, including instructors, will wear a cloth grade mask or greater during class.
- If training manikins are used, they will be spaced out to assist students in social distancing.
- Every student will be issued their own barrier device during practice sessions with breaths only being performed where absolutely necessary.
- Rooms and equipment will be thoroughly decontaminated between course sessions.
- Participants must arrive with adequate time prior to class for screening. Students arriving after the scheduled class start time will not be permitted entry.
CHI St. Alexius Technology and Education Center 1310 E. Main, Bismarck, ND 58501