Monday, January 10, 2022 - 12:00pm
Bismarck, Carrington, Devils Lake, Dickinson, Garrison, Turtle Lake and Williston
January 10, 2022
- FREE to attend, registration is required
- REGISTER to view live
- CEUs: RN, RT, Pharmacist, Dentist, Social Work, TTS and MD
Tobacco, Electronic Cigarettes (ENDS) and the Latest Emerging Products
Heather Austin - 10am (2 hr)
- Learn the history and evolution of tobacco products from first mass production of cigarettes in the U.S. to the high tech products attracting our youth today.
- Learn how ENDS use affects the body, how ENDS affects emotional health, and the dangers these newest forms of tobacco present to our health. Explore prevalence data on vaping and tobacco product use and discuss known risk factors for vaping use.
- Explain the importance of acknowledging youth vaping as a prevention priority. Recognizing the signs of use and the products, so we can talk to our kids and prevent use. Learn how to frame conversations with youth to educate them on dangers, and how to help them to quit if addicted.
- Learn about the latest products on the market, including the "stealth" products, and what our kids see in schools and learn how the "Industry" targets youth.
- Learn what's happening with tobacco prevention policies at the local state and national level and learn how to create community and youth advocates
Lung Cancer Screening
Luke Roller, MD and John Watkins, MD - 12pm (1 hr)
- Understand the background behind lung cancer screenings
- Review lung screening study results
- Outline the Primary Care Provider’s role in the Clinical Practice Guidelines for Lung Cancer Treatment
- Discuss treatment options for screen-detected lung lesions