Emergency Help 24 Hours A Day
CHI St. Alexius Health Bismarck Emergency & Trauma Center provides expert emergency care for when the unexpected happens. The Emergency & Trauma Center continues to be staffed by board-certified physicians and advanced practice clinicians all of whom have either Level I or Level II trauma experience.
In 1993, CHI St. Alexius Health became the first Level II Trauma Center in the region verified by the American College of Surgeons. Verified trauma centers must meet the essential criteria that ensure trauma care capability and institutional performance and be re-evaluated every three years to make sure the criteria for expertise is being maintained.
The criteria for a Level II Center include 24-hour immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as coverage in the specialties of orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology, and critical care. CHI St. Alexius Health is proud to say we continue to meet the criteria necessary to maintain this verification today.
Emergency and Trauma Center COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions:
- For your safety and to support social distancing recommendations from the North Dakota Department of Health, we ask that you wait in your personal vehicle when bringing someone to Emergency Room and Trauma. You may accompany your loved one to the window and leave your contact information with the technician.
- When your loved one has been evaluated by our nurses and physicians, we will contact you with an update, along with instructions for next steps. Should your loved one have difficulty communicating, one healthy support person will be allowed with them.
- Two (2) parents/guardians are allowed to accompany children under the age of 18.
- 7 Days a Week, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Urgent Care provides easy access to quality health care for illnesses or injuries that are non-life-threatening but can’t wait until the next day.
- To book online, click here.