Clincal Research And Expertise
Clinical Research Services at CHI St. Alexius Health provides research opportunities for participants, physicians, our community and sponsor organizations. Our comprehensive clinical expertise, innovative approach and high quality are demonstrated by fostering relationships through integrity, teamwork, and excellent customer service.
The goal of Clinical Research Services is to be a leading investigative site contributing to the research of groundbreaking medication and future technologies by ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and dependability. This goal supports continuing research endeavors with numerous sponsors, physician investigators, and clinical research organizations.
CHI St. Alexius Health Clinical Research Services is well-known in the midwest medical community for our comprehensive and innovative approach to clinical research. We offer a wide variety of clinical expertise in all phases of adult and pediatric research, and strive to provide these services with a high degree of concern for the patient and the patient's family. We are committed to provide our patients with the opportunity to participate in the most recent clinical treatment and therapies available that may improve their condition and quality of life.
Clinical Research Services Staff
- Joan Galbraith, BS, RPh, Clinical Research Manager
- Helena Daniels, Business Regulatory Analyst
- Jieun Hwang, Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
- Adatope Alabi, Clinical Research Coordinator
CHI St. Alexius Health’s Clinical Research Services is fully dedicated to providing research support services to physicians within our region and the valued patients we serve. CHI St. Alexius Health is a tertiary care facility affiliated with PrimeCare, a network that includes over 150 physicians both in private and institutional practice. We have been conducting clinical trials since 1987. It is the collaboration between our experienced investigators and highly motivated clinical research team that allows us to offer the latest research medicines and treatments to our patients along with the highest quality service to our patients and sponsors.
Our employees provide comprehensive research services and personalized care to research patients (in addition, nine clinical pharmacists with residency training have experience in research). Responsibilities of our dedicated staff include placement of studies with appropriate investigators, regulatory and IRB document submission, study tracking, finalizing contracts and budgets, patient recruitment, providing study coordination and completing case report forms.
Watch the above video and learn more about Clinical Trials.
We are committed to providing outstanding service to ensure the success of every study.
We have experience in the following areas:
- Infectious Disease
- Weight loss
- Men’s Health
- Women’s Health
- Medical Devices
Download the Clinical Research Services brochure
Is research for you? Millions of people volunteer for research studies every year. There are many reasons that people volunteer. For some it is a way to access new potential treatments for their particular disease or condition. Others appreciate the close medical attention they receive while taking part in the study. People also get involved to help others through the advancement of medical knowledge.
Clinical Research Services Information:
Benefits of Participating in a Clinical Research Study
- Opportunity - to receive medical services not widely available
- Knowledge - that you are benefiting medical science
- Access - to medication and medical care from specialists
Advancing the Future of Medicine Through Research:
- A registry study for patients with defibrillators to observe how they are used and how effective the device is
- Two research studies for patients who are being treated by approved medications for multiple sclerosis
- A research study for patients with cystic fibrosis who might have a condition called Fibrosing Colonopathy (FC)
Women's Health Studies
- A research study for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids
- A Humanitarian Use Device study for Metacarpophalangeal Finger Joint Prosthesis
- A Humanitarian Use Device study for Proximal Interphalangeal Finger Joint Prosthesis
- A Humanitarian Use Device study for patients who have hepatocellular carcinoma of the liver