FIND A JOB
Jobs at CHI St. Alexius Health Minot ... Join the Team!
Thank you for exploring potential career opportunities! We invite you to share in our mission of providing compassionate care to the communities we serve while promoting our core values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence in our healing ministry. We provide a full range of benefits to help eligible employees care for themselves and their families in mind, body and spirit.
Contact our talent management team with any questions:
Come join us at CHI St. Alexius Health ... Your adventure starts here!
As an organization dedicated to providing its patients with top quality care, in a rapidly expanding community, CHI St. Alexius Health is seeking talented and compassionate individuals interested in a nursing career.
Throughout its history, CHI St. Alexius Health has proudly served central and western North Dakota. Our ever-expanding lists of medical program, services and providers play an important role in the overall health and well-being of our communities. We work hard every day to meet your needs. Enjoying reading about some of the programs and services we provide.
Definition of Nursing Care
The definition of nursing is built on the principle that the core of nursing is knowledge and caring. In accordance with the North Dakota State Nurse Practice Act, nursing is defined as the application of the nursing process which includes a nursing assessment, diagnosis, implementation of a plan of care and the evaluation of responses. At CHI St. Alexius Health, our nursing mission is defined as the human connectedness occurring in a nurse-patient encounter. It is the application of the art and science of nursing knowledge to assist in restoring the optimal health and wellness of the individual.
Reverence: Profound respect and awe for all of creation, the foundation that shapes spirituality, our relationships with others and our journey to God.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, fidelity, trust, truthfulness in all we do.
Compassion: Solidarity with one another, capacity to enter into another’s joy and sorrow.
Excellence: Preeminent performance, becoming the benchmark, putting forth our personal and professional best
“The vision of CHI St. Alexius Health is to use our presence to extend Christ’s healing ministry through excellence of service, collaborative relationships and commitment to those we serve,” is congruent with the vision of CHI St. Alexius Health’s Department of Nursing. The Benedictine values of Community, Respect, Stewardship, Healing Presence and Personal & Professional Growth, including the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, uphold the nursing practice at St. Alexius.
Theory of Nursing
CHI St. Alexius Health’s Department of Nursing bases its theoretical/practice framework(s) on the tenets that the core of nursing is knowledge and caring. In 1991, the Department of Nursing implemented its shared governance program. This program upholds the theoretical framework of Tim Porter O'Grady Ph.D. Wastson and Parse’s nursing theories, which emphasize caring, respect and the science of nursing, synchronize with Benedict’s Rule to guide “Let all be received as Christ” and the practice and art of nursing care delivery at CHI St. Alexius Health.
CHI St. Alexius Health’s Department of Nursing utilizes its presence in promoting an environment that fosters a holistic approach to healing, caring, support and education to the patient, family and community.
We believe nursing care at CHI St. Alexius Health is patient centered as evidenced by: • Respecting the rights of all to fair and equal treatment consistent with the mission of CHI St. Alexius Health.
- Empowering the patients to direct their care by providing education and resources to affect a positive outcome.
- Including families and/or significant others in the plan of care and recognizing personal values, rights and religious beliefs.
- Providing care in a goal-directed manner that enhances clinical care and patient safety.
- Affirming care that responds to the spiritual needs of patients/clients, their families and/or significant others.
We believe nursing is an independent and collaborative provider of health care as evidenced by:
- Accepting responsibility, accountability, and authority for actions commensurate with independent levels of expertise.
- Respecting the contributions of all health care providers in planning, delivery, and evaluation to assure continuity.
CHI St. Alexius Health’s Professional Nursing Practice Model is a schematic description of the profession of nursing in our organization. It defines nursing’s care philosophy and culture. It acknowledges the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration and professional development; and depicts how nurses support quality outcomes.
The model demonstrates that through the various components of the profession; nursing upholds the medical center’s core values of reverence, integrity, compassion and excellence. The patient and family are positioned at the center of the model recognizing that each is unique in their needs. The arrows in the model illustrate that each component has an effect on the rest and that nursing continually adapts to provide the highest quality of care for the patients we serve. Click on the image below for a larger view.
CHI St. Alexius Health’s Shared Governance Model promotes shared decision-making based on the principles of partnership, equity, accountability, and ownership to improve and provide safe, quality-driven patient and family centered care. The healthcare team is empowered by Nursing Shared Governance to have a voice in decision-making, thus encouraging diverse and creative input that will help advance the healthcare mission of the organization.
- Nursing Congress promotes professional nursing development and excellence as well as providing cost effective, quality patient care. o Nurse Leadership Council exists to assure implementation and communication of the nursing standards within CHI St. Alexius Health.
- Professional Development Council provides staff development activities including orientation, in-services, continuing education, and skill validations based on the Standards of Practice for Nursing Professional Development.
- Unit Care Council is a multidisciplinary council that ensures that unit nursing practice at CHI St. Alexius Health is consistent with the standards of professional nursing practice to facilitate continuity of patient and family centered care across the continuum.
CHI St. Alexius Health is accredited by The Joint Commission. Our relentless drive for excellence motivates us to continuously improve the way we deliver healthcare.
CHI St. Alexius Health Minot only accepts electronically submitted applications via our website.
- Visit employment opportunities.
- Select your job category.
- Submit a separate application for each job you are interested in.
- Only complete applications will be accepted. Please complete every section of the application, even if the information is repeated on your resume.
- Please attached a cover letter and resume with your entire work history.
The talent management team will review you application and submit it to the hiring managers. If the hiring manager is interested in an interview they will call you!
You’ve been interviewed, now what?
If you are offered the position:
Human Resources will submit your information for:
- Reference Checks
- Background Check
- Drug Screening
HireRight will email you a form to be completed within 3 days for background and reference checks.
HireRight will contact you via email with information and location for drug screening.
Once all of these steps have been completed the hiring manager will be in contact with you.
If another applicant has been selected you will receive an email from Human Resources.
- Childcare Center Availability
- Discount Program
- Employee Assistance
- Employment Incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Professional Development
- Short Term Disability
- And more!