Carrington, ND – Due to the severity of this year’s influenza strain, CHI St. Alexius Health Carrington is restricting visitation to the hospital and clinic, effective immediately.
Per the visitor restrictions policy:
- Visitors who are healthy, immediate family members/durable power of attorney and are 18 years of age or older are permitted.
- Healthy clergy members who have been through the annual Infection Prevention training are allowed to visit patients.
- Adult visitors with influenza-like symptoms should not visit the facility for 5 days following the onset of symptoms.
- All clinic visits will restrict the number of people accompanying a patient to their visit. All visitors accompanying patients to appointments will be asked to wait in their vehicles until the patient’s appointment is complete, unless the patient requires assistance (children, mobility concerns, special circumstances, etc.).
- All patients with respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, etc.) will wear a mask during the clinic visit and during transport throughout the facility.
If you are coming into the hospital or clinic seeking care and you are experiencing signs of illness, you must immediately put a mask on. Masks are available at all public entrances.
While we realize these temporary steps may cause inconvenience to family members and visitors, we appreciate your understanding and support as we make every effort to ensure the safety of our patients.
Visitor restrictions will remain in place until further notice.