CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson is the only CenteringPregnancy® Approved Site in the state of North Dakota! The program was also named the 2019 Outstanding Rural Health Program by the UND Center for Rural Health.
Sharing your pregnancy with other women who know exactly what you’re going through is the best way to learn and feel confident throughout this wonderful journey.
CenteringPregnancy® is a group-visit prenatal care program that offers, in a group setting, the three major components of prenatal care:
How it works:
- Eight to 12 women, approximately 12-16 weeks pregnant, meet together to participate in a facilitated discussion.
- A CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson OB Physician or other member of provider team will facilitate each session.
- Each pregnancy group meets for a total of 10 sessions throughout pregnancy and in the weeks after delivery.
- CenteringPregnancy® group visits are a great alternative to regular one-on-one visits.
Why is CenteringPregnancy® an exceptional way to receive prenatal care?
- Healthier Outcomes - The program is shown to decrease preterm delivery and postpartum depression rates.
- More time with their provider means patients are more engaged, better informed, and ask their providers more in-depth questions about their pregnancy.
- Make friends and benefit from the support of other group members. And, it's fun!
- We are respectful of your time; all classes start and end on time.
- All appointments are scheduled up-front.
News release: CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson Announces Site Approval for CenteringPregnancy
To learn more or to register, please visit with your CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson provider at your next prenatal appointment.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, Click Here: FAQs
For digital copies of the handouts in our New Prenatal Patient Packets, Click Here: New Prenatal Patient Packet
Read more about CenteringPregnancy HERE.