Carol Enderle, President of CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson, has recently been certified as a Rural Hospital CEO by the National Rural Health Association. The program was developed by the NRHA in conjunction with rural hospital CEOs to ensure that next-generation rural hospital CEOs are best prepared for the unique and complex challenges in rural communities. The program focuses on rural health building blocks of leadership, operations, finance, and clinical outcomes.
Enderle's certification was a year-long program that was obtained by attending biweekly meetings and included presentations, coursework, and final exams from each of the building blocks in addition to a final project and presentation highlighting the work of leadership at CHI St. Alexius Dickinson.
The National Rural Health Association’s (NRHA) Rural Hospital CEO Certification Program has completed its fourth cohort; the current graduating cohort consists of the following participants across the U.S.:
- Carol Enderle – CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson, Dickinson, ND
- Crystal Landry – Penobscot Valley Hospital, Lincoln, ME
- David Golda – St. Charles Health & Services, Bend, OR
- Donald Larsen – University of California, Riverside, Pacific Palisades, CA
- Eric Swanson – Adventist Health Tillamook, Tillamook, OR
- Kristen Rees – Southern Humboldt Community Healthcare District, Fortuna, CA
- Marion Willimon – Muenster Memorial Hospital, Muenster, CA
- Naydu Lucas – Providence Mount Carmel Hospital, Kettle Falls, WA
- Shellie Shouse – Ohio County Healthcare, Beaver Dam, KY
- Steve Jarosinski – Pulaski Memorial Hospital, Winamac, IN
- Timothy Gamble – Northern Nye County Hospital District, Tonopah, NV
- Timothy Ingram – Stephens Memorial Hospital, Norway, ME
- Traci Thibodeaux – Beauregard Health System, DeRidder, LA
About NRHA’s Rural Hospital CEO Certification Program
NRHA’s Rural Hospital CEO Certification Program was developed by successful rural hospital CEOs for rural hospital CEOs to help them strengthen their leadership skills and lead their hospital to success. An individual with this certification will immediately be recognized as someone qualified to lead a rural hospital with excellence.