Higher Standards of Health
The Occupational Medical Clinic at CHI St. Alexius Health provides employee services designed to help workers achieve and maintain the highest standard of health and well-being through preventative medicine, education, and injury management.
Utilizing a foundation of sound medical practices, education, ergonomics, and therapy services, Occupational Medicine can enhance the safety of your work place by preventing injuries and minimizing risks.
However, in the case of an unforeseen injury, our occupational medicine experts can assist your organization to navigate the complexities of work injury management, help you to maximize the productivity of your employees and maintain a competitive advantage in the ever changing work environment.
Call to request an appointment: 701.420.4259
Helping You Get Back To Work
CHI St. Alexius Health Occupational Medicine Clinic is open to see anyone who has sustained an injury or illness at their work or has sustained an injury or illness that is preventing them from returning to work.
- Designated Medical Provider
- As your DMP, our dedicated occupational medicine staff will contact you soon after your employee is evaluated at our facility; send a C3 form following each medical appointment and work in partnership with you to return your employee safely back to work in a timely manner.
- Certified Medical Examiner for DOT physicals
- Our providers are found on the national registry of DOT providers.
- Provider for work injury management
- Our providers work closely with WSI Case Managers in order to obtain the safest and quickest return to work for the injured worker.
- Fit for duty / Return to work physicals
- Functional capability is not dependent on tissue healing. Occupational medicine therapists utilize a variety of tests to determine the safest level of functional return for the injured associate. Working with the occupational medicine provider the optimal work restrictions can be applied.
- Pre-employment physicals
- The pre-employment physical identifies any medical concerns prior to the start of employment. The occupational medicine provider can perform the standard pre-employment physical from your company or can provide one for your company.
- Audiometric testing
- Audiometric testing can be a part of a comprehensive hearing conservation program at your work site or be provided as a separate annual screening. If changes in hearing are found a referral to an audiologist for further testing is recommended.
- Respiratory medical evaluation
- This medical evaluation is part of a comprehensive approach to a respiratory protection program. If your work requires a respirator of any kind this annual evaluation should be a part of your regular required testing.
- Respiratory fit testing
- Fit testing assures a proper respiratory fit. Annual checks and any changes in the associate’s facial structure indicate a need for a respiratory fit test.
- Pulmonary function testing / Spirometry
- Pulmonary function can be part of a comprehensive respiratory protection program. If your work environment requires the use of a respiratory annual pulmonary function testing may be indicated. Any negative changes in pulmonary function would lead to a referral to a medical provider.
- Vision Testing
- Vision testing can be part of a vision protection program. If your work environment creates vision stress, annual testing may be indicated. Any negative changes in vision would lead to a referral to a medical provider.
- Drug testing (DOT / Non- DOT)
- DOT and non-DOT drug testing is available during our normal clinic hours. We offer MRO services if needed. Additionally, for those companies whom have selected CHI St. Alexius Health as their dedicated medical provider, we will make arrangements for post-injury drug testing after hours and on weekends.
- MRO Services
- The Occupational Medicine team works with a national lab in order to provide your company with Medical Review Officer Services. These services generally provide results within 24 hours.
- Breath alcohol testing
- Breath alcohol testing is available during the day at the clinic or after hours with our contracted services with Drug and Alcohol Testing Network.
- Injury management
- The Occupational Medicine provider and therapist join forces to provide the most efficient means of caring for an injury. The goal is a safe and quick return to work while providing a complete recovery from an injury.
- Functional capacity Assessment
- A functional capacity assessment provides all parties with the current functional capacity of the injured associate. This assessment determines the level of work restriction for the injured associate.
- Pre-post offer testing
- If there are functional specifications within a job description this testing determines if the new associate has the physical capability to perform the work.
- Functional job analysis
- If the functional specifications of a job are not know this analysis provides that information. Through a series of tests and associate validation the functional job requirements can be identified and measured so that new associates or injured associates know what intensity of work is required in order to prevent injury or re-injury.
- On-Site education
- Various educational seminars or lunch presentations are available. Please contact the Occupational Medicine Clinic for more information.
Natasha Shipman, AGNP-C
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner- Natasha joined CHI St. Alexius Health’s Occupational Medicine Clinic and works with the occupational medicine team to provide prevention and treatment for work-related illnesses and injuries. She is a certified medical examiner (CME) and performs physical examinations for interstate commercial vehicle drivers, (DOT physicals).
Cambree Johnson, BSN, RN
Return-To-Work Case Manager- Cambree works collaboratively with the injured worker, employer, medical provider and claims adjuster at WSI to facilitate the appropriate medical care, develop solutions to obstacles in the recovery process and minimize work and life disruption caused by injury and/or illness. Case management is an available resource to the injured worker, employer and medical provider for work-related injury management and disability prevention.
Adrienne Biles, MBA, BSN, RN, COHN-S, LNCC
Return-to-Work Case Manager - Adrienne works collaboratively with the injured worker, employer, medical provider and claims adjuster at WSI to facilitate the appropriate medical care, develop solutions to obstacles in the recovery process and minimize work and life disruption caused by injury and/or illness. Case management is an available resource to the injured worker, employer and medical provider for work-related injury management and disability prevention.
Myron Cullen, MS, LATC, CSCS
Myron is the manager of CHI St. Alexius Health Occupational Medicine, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and the Human Performance Center, which provides adult outpatient physical therapy, cardiac rehab, occupational therapy, sports medicine, acceleration and fitness services.
Exercise Physiologist/Service Coordinator- Lindsey assists injured workers and employers to coordinate and arrange for the services they need. She also performs testing and screening services for workers. She has her Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences and minor in psychology from University of Minnesota-Duluth.