Partners Creating Healthier Workplaces
CHI St. Alexius Health’s Business Health and Wellness is a unique assembly of services intended to provide businesses with a variety of methods that can help care for employees, improve day to day operations, and assist businesses’ ongoing success.
If any of these services are of interest to your organization, CHI St. Alexius Health develops tailored programs to fit your business needs. We are committed to improving the workplace for both employees and employers by applying evidence-based practices and solutions.
To enroll in the Business Health and Wellness program or to modify your services contact:
Myron Cullen, MS, ATC, CSCS, by phone 701.530.8100 or by email
CHI St. Alexius Health Employee Assistance Program
Assistant Director, CHI St. Alexius Health Occupational Medicine Program
Assistant Director, CHI St. Alexius Health Human Performance Center
CHI St. Alexius Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is designed to benefit both public and private sector organizations and their employees. CHI St. Alexius Health EAP is a free confidential assessment/counseling/referral service staffed by trained professionals who help individuals and families evaluate their concerns and take positive action to resolve them.
Clinical services include but are not limited to:
- Marital and Family Concerns
- Work-Related Problems
- Emotional and Behavioral Concerns
- Discussing Financial Concerns and Stress
- Alcohol and Drug Dependence
- 24/7 Crisis Line (locally staffed)
ZOOM (Video Conferencing)
This HIPAA compliant meeting and video conferencing solution software allows for secure provider/patient online visits. ZOOM provides an alternative for patients to remain in the comfort of their home or office and still see their provider. The patient needs a computer, laptop or phone with a camera and microphone. They will receive a meeting link and ZOOM will automatically download and connect the patient to the provider.
With a skilled team of Occupational Medicine providers, CHI St. Alexius Health Occupational Medicine helps workers and companies achieve and maintain the highest standard of health and well-being for the worker. Whether you seek preventative medicine services, pre-employment services or injury management, we strive to provide you quality, personalized service to meet your needs in a timely manner.
The Occupational Medicine Clinic is open to see anyone who has sustained an injury or illness at their work or has sustained an injury or illness that is preventing them from returning to work and provides both urgent care and convenient care services.
Clinical Services include but are not limited to:
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Acute Injury Rehabilitation
- "Work Ability” testing to facilitate return to work
- Work Hardening /Conditioning
- Pre-Employment Physicals
- DOT Physicals
- Post Injury Examinations
- Annual Vaccinations
- WSI Injured Worker Case Management
- Workability / Limitation Testing
- Imaging (diagnostic radiology, CTs, MRIs)
- Laboratory services
Family medicine providers at CHI St. Alexius Health treat most ailments and provide comprehensive healthcare for people of all ages – from newborns to seniors. They deliver a range of acute, chronic and preventive medical care services.
In addition to diagnosing and treating illness, family medicine physicians also provide preventative care, including routine checkups, health-risk assessments, sports physicals, immunization and screening tests, and personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. They also manage chronic illness, often coordinating care provided by other subspecialists.
The Convenient Care model for business health provides the employer, the employee, or the employee’s family members a means to access medical care as quickly as possible. Often common illness will keep an employee from their work. Providing easy access to evaluation and treatment of an illness will prevent additional use of sick leave benefits, maintain work flow, and prevent the spread of illness in the workplace.
These services are not intended to replace the relationship that the employee may have with their family medicine provider.
Clinical Services Include:
- Pink Eye
- Upper Respiratory Infection
- Diarrhea- Mild to Moderate
- Ear Infections
- Radiology – basic views
- Routine Physicals without blood tests & EKGs
- School Physicals
- Sport Physicals
- Blood Tests
- Sprains & Strains
- Sore Throat
- Suture Removal
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Biometric Wellness Screens
- Cold Sores
CHI St. Alexius Health is pleased to provide the provision of Industrial and Organizational Psychology services (IOP). IOP is the study of the interactions of business and human behavior with the intent of improving the well-being of the employee as well as the business.
Associate potential is developed by:
- Testing – Job knowledge, personality traits, physical abilities, reasoning skills
- Selection and Promotion – recruiting, hiring, interviewing, performance appraisal
- Performance Evaluations – measurement systems/methods
- Training and development – coaching, mentoring, modeling, leadership
- Employee Attitudes – retention, job satisfaction, conflict, turnover
- Employee Motivation – performance
- Compensation and Benefits – pay, perks, recognition
- Employee Behavior – harassment, absenteeism, disciple
Organizational potential is developed by:
- Change Management
- Job Design and Evaluation
- Organizational Structure
- Diversity Considerations
- Customer Service
- Strategic Planning
- Work Place Health
- Work Life Balance
CHI St. Alexius Health Occupational Medicine’s ergonomic experts are a proud provider of the WSI Ergonomic Initiative Program and will provide on-site assistance to North Dakota employers throughout the application, consultation and implementation process. You can also access ergonomic consulting services independently, independent of WSI’s Ergonomic Initiative Program.
- On-site ergonomic assessments identify potential or existing problems
- Ergonomic recommendations and interventions
- Assistance with selection of appropriate ergonomic equipment
- Employer and employee ergonomic training
- Provider Network: WSI has developed a network of providers throughout North Dakota. This network is comprised of experienced health care professionals, primarily occupational and physical therapists, well versed in the field of ergonomics.
- Financial Assistance for Provider Services: Fees charged by vendors under this program are paid by WSI at a 3:1 ratio, meaning WSI pays for 75% of the project cost and the employer is responsible for the remaining 25%. The type of on-site services will vary, depending on the individual needs.
- Eligibility for the Ergonomic Grant Program: By completing the first phase of the program, the Ergonomic Initiative, you will then be eligible to apply for grant monies under the Ergonomic Grant Program.
CHI St. Alexius Health Occupational Medicine is pleased to be a partner for this program. Our experienced staff performs this assessment to determine ergonomic risk factors present in the workplace. We work with companies to determine the best intervention, training and/or equipment needed to reduce the risk factors identified. Employers can specifically identify CHI St. Alexius Health Occupational Medicine as their provider for the Ergonomic Initiative Program when completing the employer application. Please refer to workforcesafety.com for step-by-step instructions to apply for participation in the Ergonomic Initiative Program.
CHI St. Alexius Health’s wellness services offer Biometrics screening with healthy living counseling, including immunizations, health screenings and physical assessments. Biometric screening includes measuring the employees’ blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, body mass index, glycosylated (averaged over the past three months) blood glucose, and blood lipid levels.
Body mass index is the relationship of height to weight and can be a significant risk factor for development of many chronic diseases including pre-diabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and arthritis. Our healthcare professionals can help associates and employees achieve their optimal level of well-being through assessment of risk factors and providing recommendations, options, and resources for healthy living.
Restful sleep is very important to a person's health. Sleep is a time for the mind and body to renew and restore. It is estimated that two out of every five Americans have a serious sleep disorder. CHI St. Alexius Health Sleep Center helps individuals with sleep related issues such as excessive daytime sleepiness, falling asleep at inappropriate times and snoring, achieve more normal sleep patterns.
CHI St. Alexius Health has a state-of-the-art Sleep Center with the finest equipment and extremely knowledgeable staff who provide comprehensive clinical evaluation, diagnosis, and management of children and adults with all forms of sleep disorders.. The staff consists of registered respiratory therapists, registered polysomnographic technologists, and our board-certified, specially-trained physicians.
Employees in the U.S. who smoke cost their employers nearly $6,000 more each year than do nonsmoking employees, due to lost productivity, absenteeism, healthcare costs and pension benefits for smokers. Quitting tobacco is the most important thing you can do to protect your health. Tobacco treatment specialists at CHI St. Alexius Health provide top-quality, evidenced-based care for nicotine dependence in a nonjudgmental and supportive environment and will work with you to develop a plan and give you the best chance of success.