CHI St. Alexius Health now offers low-dose CT scan lung cancer screenings. Lung cancer continues to be the leading cause of death among those diagnosed with cancer and the second most common cancer for both men and women in North Dakota. Generally, lung cancer is more advanced and more difficult to treat when symptoms are present. Individuals who are at a higher risk of contracting the disease benefit from screening tests.
CHI St. Alexius Health offers lung cancer screenings for individuals meeting these criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 55 - 77
- Must be a current heavy smoker (30 or more packs a year) OR former heavy smoker who quit less than 15 years ago
- Must have commercial insurance, Medicare or a Medicaid Expansion plan
- No chest CT scan in the last 12 months
- No change in cough, shortness of breath or blood stained mucus
If you may have missed preventative screenings and wellness visits due to the COVID-19 pandemic, now is the time to schedule an appointment. Please contact your provider to see if you qualify.
Our family medicine clinics provide outstanding medical care for your entire family. Our providers are devoted to comprehensive health care that focuses on the whole person - preventing disease and encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
Related Link: Cancer Services