CHI St. Alexius is the first in Bismarck and Williston to offer digital PET/CT imaging.
What is a digital PET/CT scan?
PET images reveal metabolic activity in the body, but lack the detail to identify the exact location. The CT scan provides an anatomical reference. Together, these two scans allow you to view metabolic changes in the proper anatomical context.
Our digital PET/CT technology offers:
- Improved image quality with 80 slice CT
- Detection of lesions as small as 1.4 mm
- Shorter scan times
- Smaller injections of radioactive material, reducing radiation exposure
- Motion correction - monitors a patient’s breathing and adjusts for image distortion
- Reduces artifacts in joint replacement, dental and metal implants
- 550 pound patient weight
What is the patient preparation?
- No food or drinks 6 hours prior to the scan (except for water)
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Drink water
- Diabetic patients may need to alter diet and medication. Consult radiologist prior to order
- Radiologist must receive copies of recent radiographic films and reports