Chapel of Mercy
Worship opportunities are provided for patients and families. Mass is held Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. in the Chapel of Mercy. The chapel space is also available 24/7 as a place for prayer and reflection. Prayer services are also provided for various events during the year (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.).
Spiritual Care at CHI St. Alexius Health Williston
Spiritual Care Ministry addresses the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, their families, and staff by providing support, encouragement, prayer, and presence for those to whom we minister.
The presence of the Spiritual Care Department at CHI St. Alexius Health Williston assures patients, families, and staff that in times of crisis, as well as routine medical care, chaplains are available to meet with them and minister appropriately.
The Spiritual Care Department consists of staff and volunteer chaplains. Chaplains are normally available each Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and one chaplain is on call evenings and weekends. Chaplains believe in a team approach to healing and are responsive to the needs of other health care professionals with whom they work.
Routine services include:
- Visiting with patients/residents daily
- Being involved in care plans
- Providing Communion, Sacrament of the Sick, Reconciliation, and Baptism as requested
- Offering support and spiritual guidance
- Providing in-service opportunities for the spiritual growth of staff
- Providing pastoral counseling for staff
- Assisting patients and families during the final stages of illness and at time of death
- Being present during trauma or disaster codes