Enter Door 8
By Appointment Only | Call 701.572.7651
Insurance will be billed
Vaccines will be provided
It’s true what they say about kids - they do grow up fast. In a brief span of time, babies learn to walk, talk, eat, play and interact with others. Meanwhile, the body develops seemingly at warp speed. Never again will your little one undergo so many changes in such a short amount of time.
Think of well-child visits as essential pit stops on this momentous journey. Usually parents are reminded as these are the times at which immunizations are given, but there’s much more. With each visit, you and your care provider will track and discuss your child’s physical, cognitive, emotional and social growth - and address any issues as they develop.
During each well-child visit, your provider will:
- Complete a physical exam (heart, lungs, ears, eyes, nose, joints, skin)
- Administer scheduled immunizations
- Assess and discuss growth (height, weight) and development (crawling, walking, talking, feeding, etc.)
- Talk about diet and activity, illness prevention, safety issues, etc.
- Address any questions/concerns you have
The nice thing about well-child visits is they allow you to pause and reflect on your child’s progress. Each visit is geared to what you need to know at that stage of development. You can bring up any problems you’re having, for example – sleeping and eating habits, and receive additional helpful answers and advice. Your provider can also make age-appropriate recommendations about safety, from cabinet locks and choking hazards to proper car seat use and swimming precautions.