The new birthplace will provide exceptional labor and delivery services not only for the community of today but for the community of the future as well.
Consolidating OB services into this remodeled location will enhance care provided. This new locked unit will lead to improved quality and safety for our mothers and newborns.
The first and second floor of the birthplace is being renovated to meet inpatient standards:
- increases the number of labor and delivery rooms from 5 to 7;
- increases the number of postpartum rooms from 4 to 8;
- increases the number of rooms with fetal monitoring capability from 6 to 8;
- adds a c-section operating room to the second floor, so the mother will not have to leave the unit;
- creates efficiency in our care model; ability to perform inpatient procedures in this space will allow flexibility with scheduling, staffing and equipment;
- provides a more comfortable environment and pleasant experience for expectant mothers and their families; and
- includes redesigned nursery space.