The new birthplace provides exceptional labor and delivery services not only for the community of today, but for the community of the future as well.
Consolidating OB services into this remodeled location enhances the care we provide. This new, locked unit improves quality and safety for our mothers and newborns.
The first and second floor of the birthplace has been renovated to meet inpatient standards:
- increases the number of labor and delivery rooms from 5 to 7;
- increases the number of postpartum rooms from 4 to 8;
- increases the number of rooms with fetal monitoring capability from 6 to 8;
- adds a c-section operating room on the second floor, so the mother will not have to leave the unit;
- creates efficiency in our care model; ability to perform inpatient procedures in this space will allow flexibility with scheduling, staffing and equipment;
- provides a more comfortable environment and pleasant experience for expectant mothers and their families; and
- includes redesigned nursery space.