Due to the severity of complications from this year’s influenza strain, CHI St. Alexius Health is restricting visitation to all units in the hospital effective immediately.
Restrictions for most departments include:
- Children are prohibited from visiting patient rooms/areas.
- Visitation is restricted to Significant Other.
- In OB – The baby’s grandparents are currently approved for visitation.
While we realize these temporary steps may cause inconvenience to family members and visitors, we appreciate your understanding and support as we make every effort to ensure the safety of our patients and newborns. Visitor restrictions will remain in place until the threat of influenza has passed or returned to normal seasonal level.
The general public is reminded it is not too late to vaccinate against influenza. In addition, it is important to always cover your cough and practice good hand hygiene.
CHI St. Alexius Health Williston is a 25-bed critical access hospital located in Williston, North Dakota. It was founded in 1920 by the Sisters of Mercy to provide quality health care to the growing population of the region. Today, we provide a full range of clinic and hospital services including: Cardiology, Neurology, Primary Care, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Urology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, ENT and Podiatry and more.
In addition, the Leonard P. Nelson Cancer Center, featuring state-of-the-art radiation and chemotherapy treatment, along with the Pain Clinic, Dialysis and Sleep Lab programs serve patients from a large area of North Dakota and Montana.
CHI St. Alexius Health Williston Medical Center Credentials and Recognitions:
- Named a Health Strong Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in 2013
- Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care
- Designated a “Stroke Ready” hospital and Level IV Trauma Center by the State of North Dakota