March 20, 2020
For More Information, Contact:
CHI St. Alexius Health Williston Enhances COVID-19 Precautions
WILLISTON, ND – We continue to adjust our approach and ensure that the safety of our visitors, patients, employees, and physicians, remains our highest priority.
To decrease exposure and limit the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), CHI St. Alexius Health has implemented additional precautions to screen patients and visitors, in addition to employees and vendors.
- Limited access to CHI St. Alexius Health – patients are asked to enter through the door closest to clinic/department you are visiting.
- Central Registration (Clinic) – Door 8
- Emergency Department – Door 19
- OB Patients:
- Deliveries – Door 23
- Clinic appointments – Door 8
- Birthplace – Door 23
- Pediatric Clinic – Door 9
- Oncology – Door 40
- 20/20 Professional Building – Rehab and Specialty clinic
- All patients/visitors will be screened upon entering the building. The screening will involve:
- Taking patient/visitor’s temperature.
- Answering a few questions about patient/visitor’s health (i.e., do you have a fever, cough, sore throat and/or shortness of breath), have you traveled, etc.
• Patient/visitor will also be asked to stay within the same area of the facility.
• Patients are allowed one visitor or support person over the age of 18.
- No visitors allowed in the Emergency Department. Patients will be asked to have their visitors wait in the parking lot in their cars.
• Practicing social distancing. If possible, keep space between you and others.
It is important that we take these measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and visitors.
For questions related to COVID-19, the public can call the North Dakota Department of
Health hotline at 1.866.207.2880 from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., 7 days a week or the local public health unit.
Patient/visitor screenings will remain in place until further notice.
# # #