Growing into a healthy, happy adult is a big job. That’s why parents appreciate having a trusted pediatrician and a comfortable, friendly clinic that’s with them, every step of the way. CHI St. Alexius Health is excited to share with the community our new Pediatric Clinic during an Open House on Friday, October 29th, from 2:30 to 5 pm, in the Craven-Hagan building at 1213 15th Avenue West.
Visitors will see why we’re calling it child-inspired and parent-approved. There’s a dedicated check-in area, a playroom and two separate waiting rooms -- one for sick children needing medical care and one for well kids needing checkups and shots. Families can also meet the region’s only pediatricians, Pirthvi Raj Giyanwani, MD, and Menelik Mulu, MD.
Dr. Giyanwani completed his Pediatric Residency at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center in the Bronx, New York, after graduating from Dow Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan. Dr. Mulu completed his Pediatric Residency at the New York–Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York, after graduating from Jimma University in Jimma, Ethiopia. He also speaks French.
Our entire team is dedicated to putting kids and families at ease while providing comprehensive pediatric care for babies, children, adolescents, and young adults up to age 21 years. Here, dedicated health care professionals manage the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of children in every stage of development - in good health or in illness.
You can count on our team to:
- Perform physical exams
- Give your child recommended immunizations
- Make sure your child is meeting developmental milestones in growth, behavior and skills
- Diagnose and treat your child's illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health problems
- Give you information about your child's health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs
- Answer your questions about your child's growth and development
- Refer to and collaborate with specialists should your child need care beyond the pediatrician's expertise.
Kids are full of surprises. For care families can rely on, look to the Pediatric Clinic at CHI St. Alexius Health. We’re dedicated to ensuring children get the best start in life, whether they need preventive health maintenance or medical care for an acute or chronic illness. Our trusted pediatricians can help make it all better.